Listen To Story
As part of our mobilization efforts towards our impending mega demonstration, ‘Arise Ghana’ called on statesman and leading member of the ruling New Patriotic Party, Dr. Charles Wereko Brobbey to confer with him on the objective of the group and its activities.
Meeting with Dr Wereko Brobbey at his residence in Accra, the leadership of Arise Ghana espoused the urgent need for a nationalistic and action-oriented vehicle to demand for accountability from the duty bearers of our country in the view of the excruciating hardships confronting Ghanaians today.
Dr. Charles Wereko Brobbey was elated to receive the group. In his remarks, he implored the group not to waiver in the exercise of its constitutional right to demonstrate. He further admonished the group to put a record high number of people on the streets to compel government to listen to the concerns of the Ghanaian people.
The high point of this meeting was a video endorsement by Dr. Charles Wereko Brobbey of the impending demonstration scheduled for the 28th and 29th of June, 2022 in Accra. This endorsement follows a similar endorsement by a founding member of the ruling New Patriotic Party, Dr. Nyaho Nyaho Tamakloe at a courtesy call on him by Arise Ghana few days ago.
Arise Ghana is a group comprising political party leaders, media practitioners, civil society players, creative arts, trades union among others determined to relentlessly champion the common cause of the Ghanaian people, provide a voice for the voiceless and vigorously seek reforms that will bring about the needed change in the socio-economic, politico-social and general wellbeing of the Ghanaian citizenry.
The group is organizing a historic two-day demonstration scheduled for the 28th and 29th of June, 2022 in Accra to:
- I) protest against persistent and astronomical hikes in fuel prices by the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia government that has imposed excruciating economic hardships on Ghanaians.
- II) protest against the imposition of the obnoxious E-Levy on the already-burdened Ghanaian people by the insensitive Akufo-Addo/Bawumia government,
III) demand a full scale and bi-partisan parliamentary probe into COVID-19 expenditures.
- IV) protest against the grabbing of State lands by officials of the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia government, particularly the de-classification of huge portions of the Achimota Forest reserve.
- V) protest against the increased rate of police brutalities and state-sponsored killing of innocent Ghanaians, as well as the growing culture of human rights abuses under the watch of President Akufo-Addo and Alhaji Bawumia.
- VI) demand the total cancelation of the fraudulent “Agyapa” deal.
National Communication Secretary of the PNC and Leading Member of Arise Ghana